“Fibromyalgia is NOT …” What I Mean!
By: Dr Alexa James
The main cause, which often circles misunderstanding and myth around the chronic condition causing pain and exhaustion, is experienced by everyone with fibromyalgia syndrome. Education is a key to managing symptoms effectively. Fibromyalgia is a chronic, untreatable condition that can affect between three and six percent of the world’s population, characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, chronic exhaustion, brain fog, and sleep disorder.
Since fibromyalgia was only recognized officially some decades ago, however, many people (even doctors) still do not know how the disease and how it affects the lives of someone. Unfortunately, these doubts can make way for assumptions which are not only mistaken but disturbing. Many still believe that fibro is not a “real” disease and that if it is not possible, those who do need to be just fake and “attention-seeking.” Fibromyalgia can already be a difficult disease among the physical symptoms and emotional impacts of a lifetime condition.
There may always be misconceptions; it is important to separate truth from fiction. Understanding fibromyalgia information may help the patient understand better his / her condition and help the outer viewer understand friends or friends with fibromyalgia better.
We asked our community “Healthizes,” to share what fibromyalgia is not in order to address some of the circulating mis concepts. Many members attended the survey and communicated their views to us. The list of them we have compiled for you.
“Fibromyalgia is NOT …
1. … Fake”
- Not fake fibromyalgia. I don’t know how often people say that fibro is not “real,” or that “it’s all in your head,” I don’t know. All day, all the time, I wouldn’t pretend to be in pain. I don’t pretend I’m having problems sleeping. I would not pretend sick. I wouldn’t pretend. I wouldn’t claim to have problems with the stomach. There wouldn’t be mood swings I pretend. I wouldn’t leave school. I’m not going to leave innumerable jobs. All these things, I wouldn’t claim to do. It is true, it sucks, it changes its life. Provide it with the respect it merits.
- It’s not Fibro in our head.
- The only illness of a woman.
- Fibro is not that most people gain weight after fibromyalgia, because, in many cases, even daily activity becomes impossible.
- Fibro is a weight-created bacterium. Overweight is a co-morbidity with Fibromyalgia, it’s not the cause of Fibromyalgia… Small people are also affected.
- You can get fibromyalgia at any age not restrictive. Smith’s Amy
3. … Something else”
- Psychiatric or mental illness or depression.
- Psychosomatic fibromyalgia is not. Real body pain. Real body pain.
- No pulmonary fibromyalgia.
- Fibromyalgia does not cause my diabetes damage to the nerves.
- Hypochondria does not exist.
4. … for Weak”
- Not forgiven for fibromyalgia
- No sissies are fibromyalgia. The symptoms of fibromyalgia are endured by a strong person every day.
- “To take your life, fight every day, take your strength again.” “Fibromyalgia isn’t …”
5. … Easy”.
- Not easy fibro. Every second of the day, hell live every second, and there is always something new happening when my friends and husband see parts of the knees and hands and even the pain in my neck dips.
- The symptoms in all are different and change from day to day. Fibromyalgia is not easy to treat or understand.
- Fibro is not simple, plus difficult to explain, because everybody is different. We have the same pains but can do it in the various areas of the body.
- It doesn’t like “in a few days you’re going to get better”
- I can get over something.
6. … Made up”
- Fibromyalgia is not supposed to go away
- It is not consistent with fibromyalgia. You’re not sure what to expect from day to day.
7. … The Same”
- Even minutes by minute from day to day. Month after month, year after year, as well. It also changes according to medications and what you do.
- Day by day it isn’t the same. For every person, every day will be different. Nor will anybody have exactly the same symptoms.
- Each patient is the same. Some of them do not have other immune diseases. We have as individual symptoms as we are!
8. … Curable”
- The positive attitude will not improve fibromyalgia through a fresh air!
- There’s no curable fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia will not ever go out. The pain is so bad that you feel constantly tried to enjoy your days. Most people think you are ok because they can never see their pain. You must pace yourself to get things done. It’s difficult to concentrate all the time in pain. I hope that somebody will find a healing.
- Fibromyalgia is not cured by weight loss or exercise. I think I’ll cry right there and then if I’ve got another doctor tell me just to get weightless and get on with things.
9. … Fair”
- In the medical industry Fibro is not well represented. Many never heard about it. Most physicians cannot fully understand why the treatment is insufficient or inadequate.
- Fibro is just an undiagnosed symptom. –a catch-all when there is no other diagnosis.
- Fibromyalgia in Lyrica commercials is not the way it is depicted.
- It’s not a myth for fibromyalgia. It’s real, very real. It’s very real.
Fibromyalgia isn’t something we’re finally going to get “good.” It’s going to be life. We’re going to have good and bad days. Good weeks and bad. Good weeks and bad. Good times and bad times. Good times. And that’s not what we can control. Also–it’s not something to control fibromyalgia. It doesn’t mean just that a therapy worked last time. Don’t press me, therefore, please. The worst thing you can do to me is pressure. Pressure. If I feel stressed, I’m much more likely to get unwell longer.
Fibromyalgia is like waking up every day to fight a fight you know you’ll lose and get out of bed. It is the daily routine of defeat and every tear, explosion and collapse that follows. It holds its fingers desperately with hope and courage and allows them to take you out of your bed when your body fights for anything. However, you’re going to win the war.
There were some misconceptions about fibromyalgia that we needed to correct. These stigmas are largely disrupted by promoting general perception and awareness, so that ultimately more research and better treatment options can be found for those with the disease.
Question Curtsy: via The Mighty, Healthizes
Fibromyalgia Awareness Store: With so many people across the world affected by the pain, fatigue and brain fog of fibro, it is critical we raise awareness of the condition. Along with speaking, lets spread out fibromyalgia awareness with some others means, let the things speak out itself. Like you can have customized T-Shirts, Mugs, Stickers, Pants, Mobile Covers, Socks, Wall Tapestry. Click Here to visit the Store
For More Information Related Fibromyalgia Visit below sites: