Focus on Coconut Milk if you are Facing Fibromyalgia Issues | Fibrowomen.co
Fibromyalgia and Coconut Milk
Coconut or coconut milk is a wonderful thing to get through a hot summer day for some men. And some people don’t really like it. But eating it raw and having coconut as toppings or sidelines in other meals are two different topics.
Thanks to its pulpy and crunchy consistency, eating a coconut becomes a little unpleasant which gets caught between teeth and messes up the throat for a while. But it’s a completely different story when it comes to drinking it. Mix it in a frozen Pina Colada, strawberry margarita or icy lemonade, and you’ll get a lot of health advantages and the perfect flavor.
For those suffering from fibromyalgia, these heavenly combinations will make you relax a little bit and cut off a slack from the pain. In your daily protein shakes, add some coconut milk, or what you can call a daily power punch. And you’re going there, in the long run you can have lots of health benefits.
Benefits of Coconut Milk in Fibromyalgia
- It contains high magnesium levels that help calm down overactive nerves and muscles, which in turn helps to relieve chronic pain.
- Lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is found in mother’s milk and has anti-bacterial effects, also helps to regulate rhythm and reduce palpitations. This is also said to help reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Contains manganese which helps absorb sugar, avoid swelling and improve absorption of vitamins.
- Has selenium which helps reduce inflammation and joint pain.
- Has phosphorus which helps strengthen the bones and teeth.
- Potassium which protects the lungs, liver, brain and muscle tissue.
- Iron which helps create red blood cells and brings oxygen through the body.
- High in antioxidants that suppress free radicals that are responsible for a whole host of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- It is a great source of healthy fat that helps to increase our high levels of HDL cholesterol. Such healthy fats also keep you feeling full longer and satiate the receptors in the brain that regulate your appetite.
- Strong in fiber to keep you feeling full longer and help you keep your IBS symptoms normal.
- Heavy with vitamins C & E to help keep your immune system high.
- Full of B1, B3, B5 and B6 vitamins that provide fuel to our fatigued cells.
- It is lactose-free and easy to eat. It even helps to reduce wrinkles and baggy hair.
Drawbacks of Coconut Milk in Fibromyalgia
If not used correctly, the things that are helpful to you can also be evil. If used unnecessarily, coconut milk can also be harmful for you. This is due to the high calorie content of coconut milk and saturated fatty acids. Although the fat in it is good for health, it can cause heart problems, weight gain due to high calories and other health problems when used excessively.
Another downside is that it is surprisingly expensive to use coconut milk. But you can find it in your home country only at Amazon and other online grocery stores. Instead of buying it from a physical shop, you will find products on sale and at a little lower price. Because transportation costs and effort will be involved in this process.