Fibromyalgia is by any measure a complex syndrome. As I have written (and continue to write) the many articles on the website, I work to answer any question that you might have, and I feel confident that the answers are here. Some of these are also answered on the Facebook postings, in videos, in the blog, or informational graphics we provide.
We still have more to cover and convey, so I thank you for being here. What we provide here at Living Smarter comes not only from experience over many years but also the latest science into fibromyalgia, co-conditions, and chronic pain. Working as a practitioner/trainer and living with fibromyalgia for over four decades, this is what I do.
Fibromyalgia Information (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the primary symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
Many fibro websites focus on the primary symptoms of fibromyalgia. They include widespread pain, fatigue, sleep disorders, fibro-fog, and morning stiffness. However, there are many more symptoms and, importantly, not all fibro people suffer from the same symptoms.
For this reason, I have provided an extended symptoms list with each symptom being a link to a treatment protocol, and secondary symptoms detailed within each symptom link as well. I want to also extend a caution to attributing every symptom to fibromyalgia, which can be dangerous. Yes, fibro is complex and affects multiple systems, but we must not miss other conditions.
Is Fibromyalgia approved for disability? Inside and/or outside the U.S.A?
Fibromyalgia is now officially approved for disability benefits in the United States. I have provided the USA’s Social Security Administration’s own words as guidance for those considering applying for disability benefits.
- Since I have readers from over 50-countries, it would be impossible to follow each of those countries’ disability claims and allowances, but the information supplied here can be of benefit to anyone seeking guidance on SSI or disability.
- What is a fibromyalgia flare and how long does it generally last?
- Is the heart muscle affected by fibromyalgia?
- Is Fibromyalgia inflammatory?
- What can I do about pain in the hip flexors?
- Why do my symptoms seem to get worse during my period? Does menopause increase fibro symptoms?
- Is nerve pain common with fibromyalgia?
- Is there one particular diet for fibromyalgia?
- How do I manage symptoms when they can be so unpredictable?
- How can I explain the difference between fibromyalgia and other pain disorders to my family and friends?
- How do I know if I have the co-condition of CFS/ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)?
- How can I safely exercise with CFS/ME and avoid post-exercise malaise?
- Is fibromyalgia hereditary?
- Can you suggest a multivitamin that is safe for a sensitive stomach?
- “Lisa, do you have fibro?” Yes, you can read more about my experience living with FMS/CFS/ME and MCS.
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs